Tuesday 3 March 2015

Where to start?

Hey ho, another blog, another blogger, another opinion.    Does my opinion matter? That's up to you. 

My job is to help companies secure themselves against the bad guys. 

My concern is that the industry is made up of a lot of good and bad, and that unfortunately the bad is often snake-oil - products and services that do not end up doing what the customer needs.

My objective? To try and expose some of these issues and give people food for thought. I don't have the answers - if I did I'd be making money out of them - but I'm always looking.

What will I look at? Everything - security threats, technology, services, the law, the consumer, the company, the industry, outsourcing, finance, government, free-speech, privacy, malware, information, governance, audit, assurance, compliance. And more. 

Because every day there's another piece of the puzzle comes to light, and oftentimes, that piece is changing the shape of the puzzle, not just filling in a blank. It's a messy messy world out there...

Hope you find something of value to you deep in the prose.

Cheers

Sceptical

No comments:

Post a Comment